Smelling the roses
In our new mortgage-free chapter, I look forward to a number of things:
1) Painting when I want to paint - this will mean being more selective with commission requests and live appearances. Quality will trump quantity going forward.
2) Going for more hikes - I love our time in the mountains, exploring new trails and staying fit. I intend to do more.
3) Doing more theatre - getting to play in Twelfth Night was a godsend. I will do more in this new phase of life, either with Dewdney Players (Okotoks) or Windmill Players (High River).
4) Cultivating friendships - I have important people in my life - friends and family - that I want to spend quality time with. More and longer coffee visits and walk 'n' talks are in my future.
5) Fishing - I loved spending countless hours at the river up in Fort McMurray. I would like to return to angling at some level. It's always been good for my soul.
6) Exploring books and ideas - I really enjoy reading. I also love playing with insights and ideas in my blog. I look forward to more reading and writing.
7) More travelling - whether it's a meandering driving adventure or checking off a few locations on our world travel bucket list, I look forward to enjoying the increased freedom to get up and go.
I feel blessed in my life and the opportunity to slow things down and enjoy it all. I don't take it for granted as I know many people don't have this choice.