Ristorante Cosa Nostra
You might give your head a shake, as the two things don't quite fit together. However, when you climb the stairs to the second floor of the building also occupied by The HUB Family Resource Centre, you will enter a culinary oasis.
Cosa Nostra has been open for several months, but this was my first opportunity to experience the magic of the atmosphere and the 6-course Chef's Table. I loved it for a number of reasons:
1. Chef Marco was an attentive and authentic host. He came over to connect with our two tables four or five times in the evening. Friendly, engaging, informative, he absolutely enhanced the food. (he also kept me up-to-date with what was happening in Paris and here at home with the bomb scare at the airport)
2. I love the idea (and tastes) of the Chef's Table. This is where I have to declare that I hate making decisions. If I had my druthers, I would walk into every restaurant and say "surprise me!" Chef Marco and his team delivered.
3. Because the meal was served in 6 courses, we were able to enjoy lots of stories and socializing. There was no sense of "rush", which was a delightful change.
4. My main course was sesame coated tuna lightly seared on both sides. OMG! It was heaven on a plate.
5. I left feeling completely satisfied, but not over-full.
I had waited too long to visit Ristorante Cosa Nostra, but now that I've had a taste, I can't wait to go back for more. It is now my go-to spot for fine dining in Fort McMurray. Thanks Marco!!
Ristorante Cosa Nostra Facebook Page and website. Call for your reservations today at 587-276-2421.