First few days back on the program
Simply stated, I've cut out all sugars and carbs, though my consumption of both the last few years has been moderate. My daily cheat had become my nuts mixture with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a splash of syrup for flavour in the evenings. Outside of the odd ice cream cone, or larger than necessary servings, I did pretty good. My one uncontrollable vice was bread, and it is probably the worst culprit of them all for adding to the waist line.
How did Ideal Protein change how I eat?
- Chips, nachos, processed cookies, rarely end up in the grocery cart, if ever
- I no longer drink beer. I get nostalgic thinking of the days when drinking this delicious nectar didn't pack on the pounds. Sadly, that is no longer the case.
- Salads are a staple, carbs a treat. In the old days it was opposite.
- My main drink is water. Outside of coffee, it's all I drink, with the exception of sip of scotch every now and again.
- French Fries - which I love - are a once-every-couple-of-months treat rather than a daily one.